Search

Financials

Careful Stewardship of Our Resources

Northwest Harvest is committed to operating simply and cost effectively. We strive to be the most efficient and effective hunger response program in the state of Washington. We will manage wisely the gifts made by a caring and generous community and guard the safety and quality of gifts of food in our care.

For more than 30 years, our administrative and fundraising costs combined have never exceeded 8 percent. The remaining 92 percent of our total operating budget goes directly toward food distribution. Most of that—83 percent—is in purchased or donated food. The rest goes to:

  • Salaries of employees that pick up food, unload from donors, load for our partner programs or staff Cherry Street Food Bank and our administrative offices.
  • Trucking costs
  • Storage costs
  • Packaging

Northwest Harvest has been awarded a 4-Star Rating by Charity Navigator, a Charity Seal by the Better Business Bureau, and is a GuideStar Exchange Gold-level participant.

"Only 9 percent of the charities we rate have received at least 3 consecutive 4-star evaluations, indicating that Northwest Harvest outperforms most other charities in America."  
--Ken Berger, President & CEO, Charity Navigator

Charity Navigator 4-Star Rating Better Business Bureau Charity Seal GuideStar Exchange Gold-level

Review financial documents and reports: