Please view the list of opportunities below and complete a Northwest Harvest volunteer application including your preferred job or jobs. For more information, email email@example.com or call 206.923.7453, unless otherwise noted.
Administrative Offices: We may have a need for occasional volunteer office help with typing, filing, posting, mailing, data entry and a variety of office tasks. If you have a special talent or skill (such as database management or business writing), please let us know.
Cherry Street Food Bank, Seattle:
- Sort, package and distribute food to food bank clients.
Monday and Wednesday: Shifts average 3 hours and take place between 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Thursday and Friday: Shifts average 3 hours and take place between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 9 a.m.-12 p.m., 1-3 p.m.
- Sandwich Brigade: Sandwich Brigade volunteers make over 1,200 fresh sandwiches for sack lunches. Monday and Wednesday, 8-10 a.m.
Closed Saturday and Sunday
- Sort and package food. Large groups are welcome. Volunteers must be scheduled in advance for the following shifts:
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday: 9 a.m.-12 p.m., 1-3 p.m.
Wednesday: 9 a.m.-12 p.m., 1-3 p.m. and 4-7 p.m.
Closed Sunday and Monday.
- Please call to schedule your small group of 5–20 volunteers to help with a variety of warehouse tasks. Contact Volunteer Coordinator Jami Willard at 509.453.4407 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please call for a description of volunteer opportunities at our newest warehouse. Contact Warehouse Manager Chuck Rigsby at 509.844.4184 or email@example.com.
- Volunteer support is needed to collect donations at sporting events and concerts, help out at pledge drives, put together informational materials and represent the agency. Events take place all year long, often on evenings and weekends. For more details about volunteering at events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Would you like to talk about us? Are you excited and enthusiastic about the mission of Northwest Harvest and fighting hunger? Do you enjoy telling your family, friends or complete strangers about our work and how they might help? Do you like meeting exciting new people through public speaking or information fairs? If you do, our Speakers Bureau is for you. Volunteers address organizations, businesses and school groups.
For more information, email email@example.com or call 206.923.7453, unless otherwise noted.