In this Issue
- Network Update: Increasing Our Capacity to Better Serve You
- Best Practices: Community Action and On-site Food Demos
- Food Safety: Food Recall Basics - What You Should Look For
- Advocacy: Child Nutrition Advocacy and Advocacy Camp!
- Meet the UTC: Utilities and Transportation Commission
- Please welcome Stephanie Hsu, Partner Programs Coordinator
- Procurement Update: Learn about SmartBuys Expansion
- Partners in Action: Candidates' Forum, Bellingham Food Bank
View/print July 2014 Partner Program Newsletter (PDF)
View/print NEW Expanded SmartBuys Form (PDF)
View/print Summer Recipes Insert - English (PDF)
View/print Summer Recipes Insert - Espanol (PDF)
- NWH Agency closed for Labor Day: Sept 1
- WFC 2014 Conference: Sept 10-12
- Spread the word about Summer Meals! Make sure summer meals flyers are at your registration, in every bag, accessible to all customers. If you need more, let us know!
- We now have NEW manuals available online! Advocacy toolkits, farm-to-food bank strategies, and partner program manuals can be found here.
- July 29 Food and Nutrition Service "Thunderclap" Summer Meals Promotion: Now that we are all in the midst of summer, we want to make sure to keep up the great momentum that has been created through all our summer meals promotion efforts. Food and Nutrition Service is planning a “Thunderclap”. What is that, you ask? It is a barrage of messages on one topic released at the same time through social media. On July 29th, a message about summer meals will be sent out over Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr. It is very easy to sign up and have the messages automatically sent out from your accounts on July 29th. Just follow the link below and click on each icon (Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr), personalize your message, and voila! You are part of the Thunderclap. Please consider participating! https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/12857-summertime-not-hunger-time